Thursday, March 7, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my first novel.

This blog is meant to be a place to exchange ideas, thoughts, comments, likes and dislikes about 'Hidden Legacy'. It's been an exceptional experience in writing and publishing my own work, and I will share much of drama and triumphs with you. Mostly though, I want to talk about the story, while encouraging anyone with a story to tell, to tell it and publish it. The experience will change you.

Today, I'm discussing false starts. As many of you know through Facebook and Twitter, or from receiving comped copies of the book, I wanted to get started January 15th. And did. Unfortunately. But what I discovered over the course of the last six weeks is, editing is a job best left to professionals. Every time I thought I had all the typos, context conflicts and omissions fixed, more popped up.  It was announcing to the world of 5 year olds, you have Oreo's in your pocket. Just when the line ends and you think there are no more kids, more show up. Typos are insidious and evil----finally, though, I think we have crested the hill. I have targeted April 1st for the 'official' debut of the entire novel, as I want it to be seen. But I'm not 100% sure, even after four sets of eyes and 21 reads, that's I've seen the last of corrections.

Talk to me about what you liked best about the story, or what disappointed you. I'll start discussing the characters and some background in my next few blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment