Monday, August 19, 2013

Having a child

I have a very dear friend of mine-- we've known each other since we trolloped around as college kids---- and while we have kept in touch, we rarely see each, outside of once every few years. He lives just outside Tulsa; me, a little further west.  But lately, his one and only registered for, and began attending, Colorado State University. We talked for a while about how hard it was to let go, but he thought over how he was able to celebrate her accomplishments, as they happened over the first 18 years.

I feel that way right now with 'Legacy'. And today, I'm proud to announce another small milestone and  new achievement for my first born. Thanks to my brother from another mother Pat McNulty (a fine author in his own right (write?) with greatmusicradio.com ) who put his own sordid reputation on the line for me, I can now say we'll be featured in The Tattered Cover as one of 'Colorado's homegrown authors'. Tattered Cover is THE big independent bookstore in Colorado and it's a privilege to be part of their featured section, in no small ways thanks to Pat. Big step for a self-pub like me.

My child is growing a little every day. For that, I have you, the readers to thank. You ask questions, send your feedback, poke me gently with criticism and are overly kind with praise. Thanks for helping spreading the word. If you're in Denver, say starting around September 1 or later, check the Tattered Cover for a copy of the book. If you're not, tell a friend who lives here or who  might be passing through town.

My child is growing, and I'm proud to share each step with you, the ones who help make it possible. Now, if I could only only teach a book how to hit a baseball, we'd really have something..     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment