Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Friends and Family

Thank you.

When you write a book without the benefit of a large publisher behind you, there's many times you can feel like you're on an island, alone, deserted. That's when friends and family pick you up. 

I have an uber small family on my side of the tree, one that increased exponentially when I inherited my wife's side through marriage. My friends list is better and I'm proud to say, has aged well. Some of the people on my holiday card list have been a part of my life for over 40 years; some close to 50.

Point is, I want to say thank you. Publicly. Here and now.  I want to thank anyone, friend or family, complete stranger or casual acquaintance, for taking time to  read or buy my book, and to pass it along to others who might be interested in it. One very precious aunt I inherited through marriage is giving it away as a gift when she has special occasions to recognize. I am so grateful for her support, words don't adequately express it.

It's hard to ask people you know to like and support your work. Sometimes, they don't really like what you've created but care too much about you to say anything. Other times, well, they just can't be bothered because life gets complicated.  But to all who have participated, thank you. I am continuing to try to get people to notice the work. It hasn't been easy-- but thanks to you, it's been easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment