Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Which do you read more

So we're back to the issue of marketing your work as a self-published author. And here, you can help. A lot.

There's a temptation to want to push the actual, physical book--- you know, those things that contain pages that you carry around with you on airplanes or to the beach?

Of course, as an author, there's also the idea that you want to be available to everyone, at any time. So Kindles, Nooks and other eReaders are so amazingly tempting to concentrate on.

So I want to know---which do you read most? 

I know you might say, what's the difference? Just offer you story on all three and let people choose. Well, it's not that simple. When you market a book to an audience, you try to make it simple as  possible to reach as many in your target audience as you can. 

So, just in a sampling of the 100 or so people I met in the meet and greet I did in April, I got wildly varying answers. They were all shapes and sizes, all ages, genders , economic stations and education. Many continue to love hard and soft bound books. But many also like the freedom of an eReader--- in fact, many older readers were choosing eBooks, which I found fascinating. They claimed it was because they could store many books in one place,a n read a variety of things at their leisure. Got it.

So again, tell me  what you like. Tell me if it makes a difference (except for price). As an author with a limited amount of time to market, I want to make sure I connect with you. This blog is one way-- offering what you want, in the easiest manner to get it, is another.

That doesn't mean I won't be trying to get into my local bookstores here in the Denver area. It just means I want my efforts to pay off in happy readers-- readers I can reach out to, simply, and effectively.

Oh, yes. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment